- Reduce material in an original work to its main points and key supporting details
- Preview, read, evaluate, organize, outline
How to summarize an article? 如何总结？
Step One 第一步 快速浏览
Take a Few minutes to preview the work.
- First and last serveral paragraphs
Step Two 第二步 通读全文
Read the whole artitle. Do not slow down or turn back. Mark main points and key supporting details.
Step Three 第三步 精读
Reread the important areas.
Step Four 第四步
Take notes on the material
Step Five 第五步 准备初稿
Prepare the first draft:
- Identify at the beginning the title and the author of the work
- Do not write an overly detailed summary
- Express the main points and key supporting details in your words
- Quote from the material only to illustrat key points
- Preserve the balance and proportion of the original work
- Revise your first draft, paying attention to the principles of effective writing(unity,support,coherence,clear and error-free)
- The final draft
Model Summary 一份样稿
In "How to Heal a Hypochondriac"(Time, September 30, 2003), Michael Lemonick reports on research into ways of dealing with hypochondria, a thinking disorder that makes healthy people believe that they are suffering from one or more serious diseases.
Not only do hypochondriacs genuinely suffer from their disorder, but they create a significant burden on the health-care system.
Research suggests that hypochondriacs fall into three categories: those who have a variant of obsessive-compulsive disorder, those whose hypochondria was triggered by a stressful life event, and those who are hypersensitive to any physical symptoms.
Cognitive therapy, in which patients are trained to any direct their attention away from their symptoms, and antidepressant medication both seem helpful in treating hypochondria.
The most difficult part of treatment is suggesting that a patient suffers from hypochondria without angering or embarrassing him or her.
当前页面是本站的「Google AMP」版。查看和发表评论请点击：完整版 »